Pages

Friday, 7 August 2009

National Day Celebrations

Wowee...!!! Today was a sea of red and white, with some polka dots, which contributed to a patriotic atmosphere. I didn't wear red or white though as I didn't have any suitable outfit to wear, not even red. We had a 'don't forget the lyrics,' competition and NE quiz for the activities. I was part of the team of people who had to participate (by drawing of lots). Fortunately, for me, there was a lack of time and the songs were almost done, (the last few were for the teachers) so I was 'spared.' :D Joo Ye said I looked so stressed... Well I was... haha.

The singing session was great, we sang song after song in the warm morning sun, enthusiastically waving our plastic flags. Groups of people gathered together to sing, where voices intertwined with a similar 'heartbeat.' It always crescendoed to a resounding climax whenever we reached the chorus of the song. 'One people, one nation, one Singapore!'

Oh yes, our chinese teacher, became a Singaporean! How significant, and she made mention of our class. :D (ok, that's beside the point.) I'm really happy for her. She has worked long in Singapore and is a fantastic teacher.

Right, I'll better be off now... la la la la ... Together Singapore, Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment