Pages

Friday, 13 November 2009

Friday the 13th

Yay! 'O' levels is finally over! Thank God for seeing me through the whole time. It's amazing how much I've learnt through the 3 wks... like having faith in Him and depending on His wisdom and not on my own strength... really real. Not forgetting how in times when I panicked, he gave peace. Although, I can't say I feel secure for all the papers but I'm glad for the peace God gave me. Isaiah 12:2 was comforting.

Much to think about this holiday and a time when I can finally do what I enjoy doing and to meet up with friends... most importantly to focus on my walk with God. Today, during cell-group we talked about the 'first fruits' that God has given us and what sacrifice we can make in return that may be painful but that honours God, in other words, a sacrifice that is difficult to make. We drew it out. For me, it's mainly time. I find it extremely hard to sacrifice time for others... too much of the 'me' syndrome like studies etc. So, this holiday will be a good time for me to spend more time with others meaningfully and sincerely. Of course, I think it'll be more difficult next year (God willing) but it's a sacrifice worth making.

Besides that, today is supposedly World Kindness Day. I'm not familiar with all the different kinds of "days" celebrated but this was made all the more prominent because we received 2 packets of instant noodles.

There's so many exciting things to look forward to this holiday...

Whoa, this is an extremely long post... well just one more mundane thing. Recently Fred and I have been intrigued with a spider... actually I found it on the wall and asked him to catch it with some insect container thingy. He has been feeding it with bugs during this rainy season and the spider's what he calls 'cannibalistic.' It is quite interesting to watch how the spider forms its web in the container and sleeps in its home. (a special web corner) I don't exactly like watching the spider eat its prey though... it literally pounces!
one of the unfortunate prey who landed on my table

No comments:

Post a Comment