Pages

Monday, 19 April 2010

An eventful week (100th post!)

Ok, randomly, this is my 100th post!

Seriously... this has been an eventful week.

First, was the HMS (humanities school) orientation camp. It was really full of activities and my orientation group was extremely enthusiastic... it seems like their energy never dies and they can really scream their lungs out. :) Thank God for safety, good sleep, familiar faces and for a fun time! He actually opened some witnessing opportunities for me but I didn't really make use of it well. (jolts me to be prepared next time... the harvest is plentiful!) God gave me a few pleasant surprises during camp, I met some secondary schoolmates (1 who will be in the same course :) ), 2 primary school friends (1 who was in my orientation group) and placed me in a group who were majority girls. (only 1 boy... actually in hms, boys are a minority.)
 Ok, about the witnessing part. Actually it started with me reading a portion of scripture before I went to sleep (I brought the small bible, only the new testament). On the 1st night, my room mates (2 of them both free thinkers), just noticed that I was reading a bible and when asked if I was a Christian, I said yes. They went to sleep after that. The next night, we didn't have a lights-out, so we decided to stay up longer to chat. I read my bible, while they talked for awhile. After I read it, I joined their conversation and KY ( one of them) asked me, "Actually, what is the Bible about?" Her question caught me by surprise and I was momentarily stunned. Her question seemed simple, yet I could not seem to think of a satisfactory explanation, so I showed her the Bible and asked her to read it. (that was not really wise of me actually, come to think about it) After flipping the Bible for awhile she replied that it was very "cheem." I didn't know how to continue... Then the other girl piped up, "I know, the Bible has Matthew, Mark and all that right?" ( it turns out that she attended a church before) and she also asked if I was a Protestant or Catholic. I was surprised to know that she knew there was a difference between the two denominations. Our conversation lingered for awhile on religion and then drifted away to other topics. In my heart, I was thinking, "Oh man, I just missed such a great witnessing opportunity because I wasn't prepared to give an answer when I should be prepared." I'm sure God put this incident in place to remind me to always be prepared to give an answer to anyone. ( as written in James)  





Next, it was Francis's frantabulous fourteenth birthday! ( heh heh, I made the too sweet 'toy drum cake.' It was just jelly beans and chocolate all over, from the inside out. It tasted too sweet for me. :D) My mum improvised the drumsticks. She wrapped a pair of chopsticks with aluminium foil. :D  Haha, it was fun...

Lastly, was the "Grace" charity concert which I self-dragged myself into which I originally, simply intended to support the players by watching but ended up performing too. :D  It was tiring but fun to play with strings again and meet everyone. :)


                                                          The blue-tie(d) players. :))

Thank God for bringing me through yet another week, for the fun and all the lessons He's teaching me!





                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment