Pages

Friday, 19 February 2010

Immersed

I've recently been reading a book entitled, "The Last Sin Eater." The title itself already suggests the occupation of the sin eater. My dad bought the book, haha my house is a little like a mini library, so when a new book comes, I read it. :) The book is an unputdownable. For the first time, I read a book in about half a day. I like the story plot as the characters are metaphorical of Christian context. This fictional story by Francine Rivers allows readers like me to really step into the shoes of a person who is still living in fear and held in the bondage of sin and the longing to be free and at peace. Later as I read on, this little girl called Cadi Forbes and another boy are saved by hearing from the "man of God," a missionary to their clan in the highlands which were quite hostile to strangers. They experience joy and freedom in truth and even the sin eater was enlightened and freed from all his years of being a scapegoat that hindered the village from knowing that only the One could take their sins away, not mere man. As a 2nd generation Christian, I didn't really experience a dramatic joy when I received Christ but I feel free in Christ and am still learning to walk in Him. This story enabled me to get an inkling of how a first generation Christian feels at the intense freedom in Christ they feel when they believed in the truth and saw the light. I'm glad that I read this story. I think God is reminding me about His grace and mercy and that I too have a duty.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment