My brain feels tired from thinking. My eyes feel tired from staring at the illuminated screen. The complexity of video projects! It's so time-consuming, energy draining and at times, mind-boggling. You fiddle here and fiddle there with different effects, make sure the formats match... etc. I think my mind doesn't really work well with technology. I prefer books to staring at a screen.
Ok, enough pessimism. Today, I had a refreshing time of devotion in the morning with some ladies from the Navigators in school. We shared our reflections from verses that spoke to us from the passage, Romans 12: 9-21. I liked ALL the verses. :D But the verse that spoke the most to me was, verse 12.
It reads: " Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer." Romans 12:12
It was a timely reminder in this difficult time to continue holding on to God, to trust and to have faith in Him. Indeed, to rejoice in the hope that gives joy. Also, to be patient in times of difficulty, no matter how much discomfort it brings. God has a reason for everything. Most importantly, He reminded me to continue in prayer. I find that it's not always easy to pray especially when you feel discouraged, disheartened or sad. Recently, God has been teaching me about prayer, theoretically and practically. :D In Sunday School, we have been learning about prayer. Yesterday, we prayed for the different aspects in the lives of the church leaders. Personally, I've never prayed for the church leaders in so specific a manner before, praying for their spiritual life, their family, their needs, their ministry etc. Through doing praying for them, I learn that it is important to keep them in constant prayer. Leaders have a heavy responsibility in leading the church and serving in their area of ministry. However, as members, we too can support them with prayer. Not only do we absorb what they give but give and support. After all, the church is one body.
Practically, God has also taught me about prayer. For children's camp this year, we had to collect at least 50 glass jars for a craft that we were doing. I prayed for God to provide at least 50 jars or more so that there would a sufficient quantity for the children. In 3 weeks, we only had a minimal amount. But now, a week away from the camp, we have collected 50 and more jars! Praise the LORD! :D I was quite worried about it initially but decided to trust in His Provision. So, yes, I shall continue in prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment