The shrill sound of my sms ring tone broke the stillness of the early morning and my sleep. Francis had messaged," Jie, remember the breakfast?" My mum,(who was awake) asked me who messaged so early and I couldn't reply. :) Inwardly, I groaned... Francis, why did you have to message?
Anyway, so we managed to get into the kitchen and start preparing to fry Francis's forte which is, an omelette. :D He used milk, bacon, eggs, "mozzarella cheese"(unknowingly, he had used slices of mango which really looked like mozzarella cheese) and garnished it with spices. (all salvaged from bits and pieces in the fridge) I made instant green tea in a teacup and he presented the omelette, placing a slice of cake (recently baked by my mum) beside it on the plate to fill up the gap. We then woke up mum (who had went back to sleep) and served her breakfast. :) Haha, it was hilarious when she tasted the "mozzarella cheese" and found that it was crunchy and even sour! That was when Francis realised his mistake. :D The omelette tasted quite good actually... :) Fortunately he didn't put in durian (which we had on hand) as I objected quite vehemently to the idea of durian with egg. Kudos to the chef still though for cooking!
In the evening, we went for dinner with my maternal grandmother at the same teochew restaurant we went to the year before on Mothers Day as well. Great food... I love the yam paste dessert (a teochew specialty)
Thank God for mothers! :))
haha so funny!! how sweet of you guys ;) sometimes younger siblings are wonderful and blunderful at the same time, but they're always a lot of fun eh :) haha.
ReplyDeleteyeah, they certainly spice up life! :D
ReplyDelete