Pages

Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Tuesday

Give thanks to the LORD!

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Ok, I was disappointed about not getting a single digit for my L1R5 raw score especially after seeing how well some others scored. It looks nice only after you minus points. :)
However my list of "could have done better..." can go on and on and on if I'm not grateful.
On the way back from school, I was thinking through some things to give thanks about.
So here goes:
Give thanks,

1. for ALL who have kept me in prayer, encouraged me, taught me, motivated me and pushed me.

2. to God who gave me the strength to sustain 3 weeks of papers.

3. for an A2 in English. (usually I don't get an A for English)

4. that there were no Cs nor B4s nor failures.

5. that I didn't have to use any tissue (although I brought a new packet to school)

6. for 4 distinctions

7. for surprises in grades (esp. in EL- a paper which I felt extremely nervous for and almost blanked out for paper 1)

8. for an awesome form teacher who was encouraging

9. that I can choose from a variety of courses.

10. for preparing me to receive the results.
( "Relax! God is in control," I read from a random tag lying on top of the shoe cabinet in my house. This was followed by Proverbs 3:5-6. On the reverse side, Mark 11:22-25 was written out. I can't help but marvel at the ways in which He works! )

These are just 10 things out of many other things that I want to thank God for.

Now, it's decision making time...praying for His guidance partly also because I'm not focused in what I want to do.

Then there's another music dilemma: should I take my violin exam with my piano exam this year?

Ok, I should end of with a cheerful note, God has brought me through my 'O' levels. He is in control.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie,

    Congratulations, you did well and I'm happy for you!

    Really admire you for how you can think of so many things to be grateful for :)

    God is in control yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn!

    Thanks for commenting!

    I'm happy for you too... 4th in school right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie,

    Haha nope, 5th :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete