I went to East Coast Park today with some classmates. :) It's the first time I took public transport there. The ride was really long... Anyway, the weather in the morning wasn't very optimistic to begin with... dark clouds loomed and it rained, not cats and dogs but it rained. Weather forecasts predicted cloudy skies and basically wet weather. M. and I prayed for the rain to stop and decided to go ahead with cycling. When we reached there, it didn't rain yet though dark clouds hovered above. We had lunch and than rented our bikes. About 10 mins cycling, the raindrops started falling, in a drizzle at first and then in a sudden downpour, forcing us to take immediate refuge in a shelter nearby. We took refuge twice when the rain was heavy but at other times, when there was no rain or when it was a heavy drizzle (about the rest of the time), we rode on. In the later half of our ride, I couldn't stand the rain so I held my umbrella with my left hand and cycled with my right hand holding the handle. It wasn't too bad actually, :) I thought I wouldn't be able to balance at first. It's so fortunate that M. 'forgot' to take a picture of me doing that because well, it'll look funny. :D My worst fear was that I couldn't brake in time if I were too get too close to a cyclist or had to squeeze through narrow spots between cyclists so I rode slower than the rest, behind them. (they weren't holding umbrellas)
Thank God for the good time of fellowship and cycling and for no accidents. There were some close shaves when K. and I came close to falling due to some people suddenly braking in front of us but we managed to keep our balance. :)
Overall, it was fun but I would prefer cycling when it's sunny, or just after it rains. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment