Pages

Saturday, 6 March 2010

Iris folding


I folded this iris following instructions from a craft magazine I borrowed from the library. At first, I thought that I wouldn't really do it... but I did! :) Usually, I just fantasize and say that I would do it when something inspires me and then, I don't or I procrastinate and soon, it becomes forgotten. Looking at the finished iris is definitely rewarding. :) So what exactly is this iris thing?
Quoting the magazine, "Iris Folding originated in Holland. It's a technique in which you fold strips of three or four coordinating papers depending on your design and then arrange them in a pattern to resemble the iris of an eye or camera."

The 3D look is pretty cool, the person who invented this craft is so innovative! I had lots of fun despite it being a little meticulous. :D

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks tough! But it's nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!:) but I did feel like giving up half-way though...tedious!:D

    ReplyDelete