Pages

Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Camp

I went and I'm back from camp in just a day. Our teacher just came back from a newly classified H1N1 country (Japan) so she had to be self-quarantined for 7 days. Since there were no teachers, we could not stay over. The news was quite sudden and unexpected. I think not only the campers were disappointed but also those who planned the camp. Thank God that we were still able to carry out 1 day of camp. Personally, I felt the camp was extremely well-organised and packed to the brim with activities. My mum took one look at the planned itinery and remarked that the camp required lots of energy. :D Oh well, day 1, the only day, was already packed enough, partly also because they had to push some of the major activities forward like 'Amazing Race.'

The games we played: (let me try and recall... there were so many!)

- whacko
- To be or 'knot' to be
- Forming words with our bodies
- Shoe game ( We were supposed to throw all our shoes in a pile in the middle of the room and
find for our shoes in the fastest possible time)
- 2 truths and 1 lie ( more for getting to know about everyone...Lynn's idea)
- musical chairs ( this was really amusing as even though the music was playing, everyone was moving as if it were a funeral.)
- pass the polo sweet
-pass the parcel
- Amazing Race: our team didn't manage to complete all the stations, so I can only recount 6.

1. Filling up two cups with salt water with just straws at a distance. So we had to run here and there. In the end, everyone resorted to desperate measures... drinking the salt water! Urghh (it was so salty!)

2. Drinking a big bottle of water in the fastest possible time. ( Actually, I quite enjoyed this station as I could quench my thirst after all the salt and running. )

3. Cracking raw eggs with our chins. ( I did this and my chin still feels a little sore. It was definitely a first for me. I cracked 5 eggs. Real messy. :) )

4. Melting a block of ice with our bare hands.

5. Naming all the countries you can think of from A-Z.

6. Whoops, can't remember...

Anyway, the game was made all the more exciting by the balloons we were given at each station. Sausage shaped and colourful they were. We were supposed to protect our balloons from any team who threatened to burst our balloons. This caused quite a few contentions and everyone ended up striking deals like, "You don't burst our balloons, we won't burst yours." :D As you can see, it was rather desperate. :)

I feel that even though the camp was only held for a day, it was enough to get to know the sec 1s better and for everyone to bond. Yup, it was good and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment