Pages

Monday, 15 June 2009

Peace chapel

During the message on Sunday, I learnt more about how one should honour one's parents. Actually, I felt that the message was directed towards the younger people as it was supposed to be a message for the elderly. The speaker talked about how more and more children neglected their parents and sent them to nursing homes. In a recent survey, 33% of the young said that they would not look after their parents. I feel that that's quite shocking. In SS, we learnt about the tribunal for the maintenance of parents where they can take legal action against their children by bringing the case to court if their children are not giving them financial aid. Apparently, there is a revision to this law as many aged parents do not wish to report it to the court so now, a third party is allowed to help them. The sad thing is that, now, even a law has to be made to ensure that children take care of their parents. Shouldn't that be the natural responsibility of the children and not one enforced by the law?

Oh, yes, today I witnessed something on the mrt which was horrendously unhygenic. I saw a person using his standard ticket card to pick the dirt from his nails, previously pressed against his nose. After that, he proceeded to dig his nose. I was HORRIFIED. It makes me think twice about whether I would use a standard ticket next time. Who knows what it has been used for?
Urghh!!!

There's cca camp tommorrow. I'm excited but yet a little apprehensive as I 'm not sure what's the programme lined up like. Oh well, I'll know tommorrow. I hope there are no pranks or what not. Although I highly suspect there will be. Nevermind, it'll still be a great time to bond with the rest of the cca.

No comments:

Post a Comment