Everyone dressed formally today, so formal that it scared me. Working people attending school. Ha ha...Well, it was definitely interesting to see the various dressing styles. Rather amusing and quite fun actually. :) I went to hear the talk on counselling and psychology. I realised that counseling requires a lot of patience and one must have the passion to serve the community. Listening to the teacher relating her day's work was and eye-opener for me. Some cases seemed difficult to handle. Not only do you have to sacrifice your time but you need to have lots of care and of course, keep yourself healthy in body and spirit as well. After all, counseling is about helping people but I think it can be draining if you fully immerse yourself into the mood of the patients. Just like the teacher said, "of course sometimes when the person cries, you can empathise by crying along with them but don't cry until you feel absolutely down."
Psychology was quite interesting too but I think I won't venture into educational psychology. The lady professional did a write-up on "Multiple Intelligence" by some Garnard person. (don't know if I spelt it correctly) In his theory, everyone has different strengths: kinesthetic, spatial, etc. (there are 8 in total but I can't remember.)
We also did a reflection and watched a video capturing the pictures of the past activities. It was nice to reminiscence. The people are what makes the school such an enjoyable environment to be in.
Time flies. Soon it will be time to bid adieu.
No comments:
Post a Comment